‘What is it that you do?’
And then you best describe what that is in a short paragraph.
‘I’m a photographer and video producer for corporate and medium sized businesses.’ I reply.
Of course there is more to what I do than that. Yes, I go to locations and take photographs for an interior or lifestyle publication. Or video where a director is explaining a procedure or showcase a company’s product or services. I put things together, I make things happen. I help businesses and people create the right image to promote their company.
But what else do I do? Apart from the obvious roles within my profession, what is it that I am also helping to achieve?
- I help businesses to grow by raising their profile and showcase what they do
- I create imagery that grabs people’s attention and gets them noticed
- I help people with the ideas for script and video storyboarding
- I help with presenting styles to camera on video shoots
- I also save clients costs by working with them as and when they need me on a project
But, what I strive to do above everything else is to supply a complete professional service to my clients. And because I love my job, I hope my passion, experience and enthusiasm comes through when people ask me, ‘What is it that you do?’